Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May...our last month before winter

Just thought I'd share with you all what I get up to when I am not baking or trying out new recipes.

I actually haven't baked in a little while. It's really hard to get off the couch and away from the blanket and TV to stand around a cold kitchen. It's not even winter yet but it's so cold, I don't want to know what winter will really be like. The last time I baked anything was a self saucing chocolate pudding for friends who dropped by for dinner about 2 weekends ago. I was in too much of a hurry to eat them to take a photo hence I now have nothing for show.

The weekend that just passed was quite busy. I attended a hen's do at Mamor Chocolates in Collingwood on Saturday. The lady that runs the place was the best and most attentive hostess ever. Her savoury scones, chocolates, muffins and the most delicious rum sponge trifle with cherries was to die for. I would highly suggest going there for high tea ladies.

M and I then went up to Benella for a track day at Winton on Sunday. After my debut back in November last year with the Beat, I have been bitten by the racing bug and even painted my nails yellow to match the car. In the abscence of M's Integra, we were co-drivers this time round, each taking turns to run around on track. The Beat for those of you who don't know, is a convertible Japanese K-car with a 660cc engine. Check out what it looks like here.

I took the subsequent Monday off knowing that I would be too tired for work. So instead, I decided to cook up a storm so that the rest of this weeks meals are taken care of. Hopefully my creamy mushroom bacon and smoked chicken pasta, Japanese curry chicken, and the large tray of shephards pie I made last night should last until the weekend.

Psssst....there will be a cake order coming up soon so keep posted for pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment