Monday, May 2, 2011

Cake for a little girl

I was asked to make a 1 year old's cake back in March by a friend, Anne. She couldn't make up her mind at the start but knew that the cake for her little girl had to be something special.

Finally she forwarded me a photo of Hoot of Giggles and Hoot. I have never seen this character before so I decided to Youtube the children's show to get a feel of what Hoot was all about. My first impression was for someone to please get this annoying blue thing off my laptop!! I guess I'm out of touch with kiddies shows but apparently, according to the forums and new parents out there, Hoot is actually a very popular children's TV character.

Anyway, after studying Hoot for a while, I decided to replicate him with fondant and incorporate buttons and cushions from the show. I also made alphabet blocks to spell out the birthday girls name. When I was done, I was actually quite happy with what I'd created.

Presenting my Hoot birthday cake:




Battered Hoot. Photo off Anne's Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment