Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Macarons

Ever since the first Australia Masterchef aired and featured macarons as a challenge, it pushed this delightful but not so well known delicacy to become the next "in" thing after cupcakes. I remember eating macarons as decorations on French gateaux but was completely clueless as to what it was.

So after grabbing the pistachio recipe off the Masterchef website, I went about to attempt my first macaron. How naive was I to think that it was a good idea at all. It was a complete FAIL!

My next attempt, also my first attempt at making a traditional almond macaron was surprisingly a success after following the italian meringue method recipe in "I Love Macaron" by Hisako Ogita.


I tried green tea and chocolate macarons next. These didn't turn out that fantastic so I'm too ashamed to show them here. But then after taking a short course at the Savour school, I was motivated to try to make a caramel macaon. I am happiest with this batch by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment