Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Wedding cake - Lunica

A friend asked me one day if I was interested in doing a wedding cake for her friend's wedding. The couple was on a budget and didn't really need a lot of cake. They already had a design in mind which made it quite easy for me. This was my 3rd wedding cake so I was quite excited. The first was for a work friend and the 2nd one was my own wedding.

For this particular cake, the couple wanted a fake tier and one real tier to serve. I suggested a 14" bottom tier without realising that the cake pan would only just fit inside my oven, after manouvering some things around. So I think that's as big a cake I can go for now. For some strange reason, the Blanco oven in our QV apartment is just that tiny bit smaller than some others. I'd bought cookie trays thinking they would be ok but alas, I will have to wait for my dream kitchen before they can be of any use.

Anyway, one fake tier and a bunch of sugar roses later, I was very happy with my final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment