Sunday, October 9, 2011

Spring time is here!

Yay!! Spring is finally here. It's also wedding season and I've had a few requests for wedding cakes already.

I've also been busy shopping online. After um-ing and ah-ing as to what knives I should get to replace my crappy random knives I'm using now, I settled with buying some Global knives. Hopefully my fingers don't get slashed up too often while I used to the sharp blades. I also ordered the Miette book because the cover and scalloped pages was too hard to pass up, and Everyday Harumi. Without really knowing anything about Harumi Kurihara, I ordered her book to find out that she is like the Martha Stewart of Japan and is really really famous. Time to start trialling her recipes!




Although I've been quiet lately, I have made a couple of cakes since the last time I'd posted. I was asked to make a baby shower cake, a turtle cake for a 31 year old and her sister and a wedding cake. Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Baby shower cake - raspberry chocolate mud inside

Terry the turtle....cake

 
Roses and blossoms (my favourite photo taken from my phone)


No comments:

Post a Comment